“DYING ON MY FEET”
Dr. Milton L. McGrew; Pastor, Friendship Baptist Church, Benton, La:
Man…, I love your book, I never knew all of that about you and how your perservered throughout your life. I can hardly put it down; I’m almost through reading it. I’m gone give it to my daughter to read after I finish, she really needs to read it. Man that book is good; I am really enjoying it…!
Jeremiah “Rev” Coleman:
Chief, this is a powerful book man; we have a genius right here among us. The way you express things and make it so clear is amazing. I usually don’t read much, but man…; I have a hard time putting your book down. This book should do very well, If a guy like me that don’t read much is smitten, I know people that read a lot will enjoy it.
Pat Piazza: English instructor, Counselor, Evangel Academy
Melvin, I really enjoyed your book, although I must admit, it was really hard to read. I’ve always had a lot of respect for you; I have even more respect for you know. It had to have been difficult to deal with all of the things that you guys had to endure. I can’t imagine having had to go through that. It brought memories of my dad, he used to own a grocery store too and he made sure that the vegetables were fresh and that people were fed even though some of them could not pay. What a great book, everyone should read it.
I loved it. Some parts were difficult to read because they were such painful times. Makes me admire you even more. The part about the grocery store owner was awful but made me proud of my dad. He had ticket books for families and always let them charge their groceries. Thanks again for sharing your remarkable story! Pat Piazza; Academic counselor, Evangel Academy, Shreveport, La.
I received the two books today and was very surprised to see that you autographed them for me. Thanks a million! As soon as I got home from the post office I immediately started to reading. I read all of the preliminaries and I am in chapter one. Once you start, you hate to put it down. Great! great! & great!!!
Patricia S. Johnson.
Melvin, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your latest book. It is very inspiring and motivating - focusing on the need to protect your vessel, live a healthy life and to believe, trust and honor God.
Wow! I was touched emotionally in reading about what your mother endured, but was happy to learn that she did overcome her trials and found happiness. I am sure that your book will inspire many people to prioritize properly all aspects of their lives to make their lives more meaningful and less stressful. Through faith in God he indeed does provide us with a protective shield.
Employee, Goodwill Industries of Shreveport, La.
I just want to thank you for sharing this amazing book with me and millions of others. Just when I felt like giving up and throwing in the towel, I read your book and it gave me the strength to keep going.
Your love and faith for God is so strong, until I felt it myself as I read your book.
Through it all you kept the faith and you held on to God’s unchanging hand and I just want to thank you…, keep doing what you are doing and be blessed!
1. DEC. 8, 2015: Total Christian Television (TCT), Tapping, Greensboro, N.C. 10:00am
2. January 8-9, 2016, Women's & Men of Valor, Women's Conference; Speaker. Shreveport Convention Center, Shreveport, La. 9am-7pm
3. January 26, 2016, Book Talk/Signing; Bossier Parish Historical Center, 2206 Beckett St. Bossier City, La. 5-7pm.
4. February 4, 2016; Book Talk/Signing; Shreveport Regional Arts Council, 801 Crockett St., Shreveport, La. 6-8pm.
5. February 23, 2016, Mooringsport Library, Black History speaker, Mooringsport, La. 2-4pm.
6. February 21, 2016; Black History Speaker, Faith Christian Bapt. Church, Vivian, La. 10:45am.
7. March 18, 2016, Good Shepard Theological Seminary; Atlanta Tx. 6-9pm
8. April 30, 2016: Books & Business Extravaganza: VFW Post 4588, 1004 Jeter Rd. Bossier City, La. 71082. 9am-1pm.
La. Tech Univ. Hd. football coach; Skip Holtz and Melvin Lars 8/23/16, .